countries and iTunes...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by crimtide, Nov 28, 2008.

1. crimtide

crimtide New Member

ok, here's my problem and possible solution. just some verification needed. i've checked the threads. seems like afew of us are having the problem.

i'm from singapore and i'm pissed bout not having a music store, only an app store. so i was wondering, you know when u register, they ask u to register the country? is it possible to register with, let's say, U.S. (even though i'm in singapore) and when they ask for billing info we type in our actual billing info. seeing as to how i (or most of us) have credit cards, which are internationally recognised, it might be able to open up the U.S. itunes store?

example:

billing info: etc etc etc, singapore XXXXXX

credit card number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

feasible?
  2. Sepulveda

Sepulveda New Member

If im not mistaken, iTune checks where the card was issued, and if it is not of that country's orgin it will deny you.
  3. crimtide

crimtide New Member

So what you're saying is that there's a code in the card where it states where it's issued? But, isn't a credit card made to be internationally recognised? for example - visa?

where will it deny me? when i'm setting up the account or when i'm purchasing an item?