Could this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wolfie09, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Wolfie09

Wolfie09 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Alright, so to make this story short, and as less painful and I can make it, I have my girlfriend's older brother's old iphone. He jumped in a pool with it, so it's f***ed. Lots of water damage probably. I opened it up the other day just to see if I could see the damage and maybe find a solution. Well, bad news is, I didn't find a f***ing solution...good news is, I think I have a plan...or maybe I'm a f***ing idiot. This iphone is mine now for the keeping, if I went in or gave it to one of my friends to go in to Apple or AT&T, could they just say it broke and they need a new one or something, I don't know...am I getting at something here? anyone with any ideas. Please...inspire me. Share. Thanks.
  2. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

well if you can tell it was openned from tool marks or something you probabally can't get anything for it. if you can't tell it was openned, use this story:

I was charging it and I tried to wake it up to check something and it wouldn't turn back on. then I noticed the back was REALLY hot. and nothing I do will make it respond anymore, not even holding the home and power button down.

I've heared more than 1 success story about this strategy. they mess with the old one, including rebooting, charging, and restoring. but if the iPod just won't power on, this should work. good luck man.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

like posted, if they can tell you opened it, that won't help your chances.

secondly, like the touch, if there's a piece of ph paper or something like it in the heaphone jack that changes from white to blue when it gets wet. all cell phones have that, actually. the first thing geniuses do is peek in there. if they see blue, your done. i've heard that you can dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and swab around in the jack to change the paper back to white. i've never tried it though.