could this be possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by setix, Jul 13, 2008.

1. setix

setix Member

Instead of jailbreaking your ipod to use emulators and other apps, would it be possible to somehow convert the emulators to .ipa files to load on the itunes store? Or maybe hack an app to make your iPod think it is loading say, SMB, but instead it loads psx4all?

just throwing some ideas out there for devs...
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    oh that is the most stupid thing i have ever heard... since when were apps ipsw files?
  3. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is why kids younger then 9 cant have mountain Dew.

I get what your saying. Hack the appstore database and replace monkey ball with an emulator but know one knows how to do that.
  4. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, hes saying hack the actual emulator app, and sign it to make the iPod OS think its SMB. That would take so much more work then just hacking the OS to allow unsigned code.
  5. rodiabloalmeida

rodiabloalmeida New Member

Well, in fact the famous author of the most emulator ports for the iphone, known as ZodTTD, is now officially in the iPhone Developer Program (he got the email a few hours a go). But unfortunately, emulators are almost illegal at all. So he will not put his emulator ports at the app store for obvious reasons. You can't use his emulators anymore, unless you jailbreak. I recommend you don't for now, as the only full-speed-working emulator is the GBA one.