Could the ipod touch work with online ftp?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoingPostal, Jun 30, 2008.

1. GoingPostal

GoingPostal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, I was browsing when an idea struck me. A lot of people are dissatisfied with the ipod touch's flash memory, especially the customers who bought the 8gb one. I had an idea to fix all this, if this will even work.(That's why I made this thread, to ask you guys if this will work.)

Ok, so on the website http://www.drivehq.com/ you can set up a free ftp account. If you could browse to that website on your ipod touch or iphone and access your ftp account, couldn't you access files that you previously stored on the website? And if you could do that, it would be almost like having additional space on your ipod touch/iphone. You could do a lot of cool stuff with that. I guess the setback would be that you would have to be on wi-fi. But would this be possible? I don't know, I don't have my ipod touch yet.
  2. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes, this is very possible.

Applications do already exist that connect to your iTunes library on the computer.
  3. GoingPostal

GoingPostal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I don't know if you know what I mean. What I mean is if you were on your ipod touch using the safari, could you browse to that website and access your FTP account?
  4. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is just basically ORB. You store your media and you access it through your iPod. You can also watch live TV!

Please Register or Log in to view images