Could someone please explain why this is happening?

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Shawa, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I'm in no way new to Photoshop (4 years), but I've only just ventured into animation. I though I had the hang of frame animation, when rotation became a problem.

Whenever I rotate an object in one frame, it's rotated in all of them, and slightly displaced. They're not linked, "New layers appear in all frames" is unchecked, I've gone through as many pull-down & pop-out menus as possible with no avail.

I've been at this for 20 minutes, just trying to rotate a bar. I'm going mad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Layers panel, nothing seems abnormal (I'm thinking it's something to do with the locks on the 'Unify' buttons)

Animations panel, just after duplicating frame 1

Animations panel, when the bar from frame 1 is rotated. (Note how it's rotated in both frames)

Layers panel, with what I want to achieve (edited of course).

tl;dr: When I rotate in one frame, it's rotated in all. How do I only rotate in one?

Tyvmia.
  2. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmm, it reminds me of symbol editing mode in flash.

Just click the Unify layer position. (The 1st one)
  3. TheN00bster

TheN00bster New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^If that doesn't work you will have to make a new copy in a new layer of the bar for every frame. Pain in the rear but it works.