could someone explain to me in lame mens terms what pwning an iphone is all about?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by battlaxx, Jul 21, 2008.

1. battlaxx

battlaxx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    could someone explain to me in lame mens terms what pwning an iphone is all about?
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

it lets u jailbreak ipod touch, iphone, and 3g iphone. and unlock i believe the 1st iphone
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Monkey no know. PWN=jailbreak/unlock/heaven?
  4. 11hawkinst

11hawkinst New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's pretty simple...

Basically, the difference between pwning and jailbreaking (like ZiPhone or iLiberty) is that if you use Pwnage or WinPwn (note the *pwn*), it creates a new firmware (the O.S. of your iPhone). The new firmware it creates is jailbroken, unlocked, and activated. It's also nice because if you need to restore you iPhone for some reason, you can use the custom firmware so that it will be jailbroken right after you restore it. ZiPhone and iLiberty really just edit the code. I think that's what it does, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure that it's much more complex, but that's the gist of it. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
  5. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

right now it means you can get NES, cydia, respring, make it mine, and terminal on your 2.0 firmware ipod/iphone