Could Jailbreaking Cause My WiFi to be Funky?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

My WiFi was working great last night when I bought it. Then I decided to Jailbreak it using that one click jailbreak method through my touch and didn't really notice anything wierd last night. But today I am having massive issues with my WiFi, I can barely connect to anything and it's really slow. And now I can't even connect to the same WiFi spot that I was using last night just fine! The hotspot shows up on the list and then when I tap it it just says it can't connect to it! And earlier I couldn't even find hotspots! Should I try restoring it and see if it works again with stock set up?

Btw im on my laptop using this exact WiFi spot that I was using last night with my laptop and my touch just fine, now my laptop can connect perfectly but the touch cant! what gives!?
  2. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

confirmed. I just restored my iPod and instantly wifi works. I guess that one click jailbreak has issues. And I know I didn't mess it up since u ca t really mess up a 1 click jailbreak.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Unplug the power to your router and plug it back in, also try changing wireless channels using your routers config.

I personally only used my itouch for a few hours before I jailbroke it so I cannot tell you if wifi stability decreases after you jailbreak it, but it should not decrease.

For about 2 hours of heavy internet browsing I normally loose connection to my wifi about once or twice everytime, I think its a problem within the itouch OS that they are working on.