iOS 4.0 Could geohot release a jailbreak soon?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Milesneptune, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before geohot deleted his twitter he said all future jailbreak updates would come through his friend Mike Cohen. Well Mike Cohen posted on twitter that geohot might have a jailbreak ready. "When's a good time to make it ra1n?" he asked. See for yourself. http://twitter.com/mikecohenn/status/19074062267
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unlikely. Geohot doesn't have the skill to jailbreak in today's firmwares. As one of our members worded it, "He's just an egomaniac desperate for attention."
  4. jasonc23

jasonc23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    As much as the guys been a jerk, he's done some great things for the community. I think there's a possibility of him having a jailbreak but with no pressure i doubt he'll release it now. Maybe someone will make a good decision for once and hold back an exploit for a later firmware
  5. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its a bootrom exploit it cant be patched in a futures firmware update and mods please delete the thread as there is already another one
  6. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Says who?
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unlike Comex then...

If he releases a jailbreak will people change their minds about how much they flame him? Nope...

...So, why release it then?
  8. jasonc23

jasonc23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have to agree.
    For the good of the community, and to have the feeling of him being a hero to us minions
  9. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I somehow doubt it, its more likely that he would retain it for his own personal use (and im saying this very loosely as it probably DOESN'T exist) - Geohot is as said above, high on his ego craving attention, he is getting more of it now than he ever did before.

Tbf, he should be forgotten about, even if he helped in the past, still dont like the guy and is more trouble than its worth.
  10. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Geohot was an exceptional man, he made great things and helped the jb comunity alot... I think, but, he's ego got up to him and he left the scene to get more attention, people were forgetting him (like I did) and now he comes with this probably Failbr3ak if it is released, egohot is just carving for some attention, ignore him, he'll be better of that way, and, If peopleis flaming him and he want's to stop that, why would he release a jailbreak... I wouldn't, I'd keep it for myself muahahaha