could be the most stupid question ever

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ricky P, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Ricky P

Ricky P New Member

Hi , new to this site and just bought ipod touch. I am very old and when it comes to technology, very dim. In VERY simple terms how do I create icons on the desktop to take me directly to web pages or other applications. Any help appreciated. Also is it worth jailbreaking my touch. I have problems installing new batteries into a torch s o this concept scares me
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It is definatly worth jailbreaking. All you have to do is vistit a website and your done. Its thats easy.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Jailbreaking is very useful, but it is not the simplest thing in the world, especially if you have Firmware version 1.1.2. Firmware 1.1.1 is easy -- point Safari at jailbreakme.com and it's done. 1.1.2 is much more involved, though there is a good tutorial available here.

It all really depends on what you want to be able to do with your Touch that determines whether or not the jailbreak is worthwhile. It is very useful for changing the look of your Touch through Summerboard and its many themes, or palying games, or useful applications for E-Mail, instant messaging, weather, and so on. However, very little is self-explanatory, and some of it (such as installing the iPhone applications) can be relatively involved if you're not all that familiar with the technology and use of various methods of connecting to your iPod Touch through your computer.

In any case however, we're always happy to help with whatever you wish to do, and there are some very good tutorials available here and elsewhere that help help you help yourself in the event that you prefer to do things that way. Just tell us what you'd like help with and we'll try our best to explain it in the simplest of terms.
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. Ricky P

Ricky P New Member

Thanks for the help. I now have jailbroken my touch ver 1.1.2. The videos on u tube are fantastic
  6. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

For someone like you, I don't reccomend jailbreaking, but if you will, use firmware 1.1.1 only. (in other words, no updating your ipod when itunes asks you to)
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Congratulations.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yes, the videos are extremely helpful and pretty easy to follow. ipodtouchmaster did a good job with those.

If you need any further assistance feel free to ask.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

its no hard to downgrade to 1.1.1 i think and im a noob just find the restore file 1.1.1 go ituns hold down restore buttom and hit restore and brows and take the file itunes do the work and Woala un 1.1.1 ipod the go jailbreakme.com and press install appsnapp WORTh IT