Could apple kill the nintendo ds? [READ]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cryptsucks, Jun 5, 2008.

1. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

Could Apple kill the Nintendo DS? I doubt it

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2025
    Just kind of interesting =] , but im suprised that they were only talking about the iphone and not the ipod touch, considering that the ipod touch can do practicaly the exact same thing!
  2. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That article seemed to contradict your post, though I dont see the iPhone/iPod touch stealing the DS's prime time. I find acceloromitor games very difficult to play miself (Im looking at you Raging Thunder).
  3. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

i see what your saying.. and i just named the post that because thats what the article was named :\
  4. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

i hate my Nintendo DS i wanna sell it
  5. Elric

Elric New Member

Not a chance... didn't people think the PSP would kill the DS? Look how THAT turned out.

I think once you play Nintendo's house games, that you'll never be able to play on anything but a Nintendo system. You won't settle for anything else. Yes, I'm talking about Star Fox, Mario Kart, Mario PERIOD, Zelda, Metroid, even fricken Kirby for christs sake... sorry, but the Crash and imitation games cannot even compare.
  6. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i never liked the ds much. lol the new commercial is some chick playing some game about a dog............wow. Back in the day nintendo had amazing games, now they seem to produce only family orient games (for the most part).
  7. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Because they used to make tons of M games?
    Super Mario World was soooo not family oriented

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Elric

Elric New Member

LOL

I certainly do not mind playing games with my family. Especially Zelda games with my Son, they made him learn to read at an astoundingly young age. We played Wind Waker (I played and read the story, he watched the most amazing cartoon movie directed by... me.) Then he got the next one and sounded everything out. It's his favorite game by far, I think cause it was the first one he did on his own. He's beat it multiple times now.
  9. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I feel like ds is more aimed at younger kids. What 8 year old has their own iPod touch ( I'm not saying they can't, it's just far less likely)
  10. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

^ only friggin rich and spoiled ones (trust me my little sister has friends that have macbooks who are 7)
    I like the ds. =]