Costumize+categoris = restore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cometobuy, Sep 8, 2008.

1. cometobuy

cometobuy New Member

all my apps that was in app folder was gone, same with games.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Customize is a nightmare. Use Winterboard next time. I'm pretty good at this stuff and I quite using Customize long ago.
  3. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same. customize and summerboard and installer are just distant memories from my 1.1.2 days now...
  4. cometobuy

cometobuy New Member

there is update, fix that problem.(categoris update)
  5. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I use customize to customize System Strings

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just made a quick guide to doing that manually if you dont want to use customize at all...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    goto /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings and copy that file over to your computer.
    convert it by going to this website http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi or just type convert plist to text into google and its the link which starts with 140.124.181.188
    when the file is converted (takes like 3 seconds) save it to your computer. open it with notepad. press ctrl+f (i think) to bring up the find thingy. type in slide to unlock. press search and it will find it. then just change the text to whatever you want. press search again and search for slide to unlock again coz i think there may be another one you have to change i cant remember. if thats it and your done. save the file as its original name, SpringBoard.strings and ssh it back into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/ making a backup of the original file just in case (you can do this by just renaming the old one to SpringBoard.strings.backup
    respring and your done.