costum boot/recovery logo and Jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paris11, Aug 25, 2010.

1. paris11

paris11 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I used snowbreeze to jailbreak my device but it's tethered so when i saw that it was released a jailbreak that it's untethered i wanted to do it but now im thinking how i can put custom boot/recovery logo inside the firmware but without put cydia show i can jailbreak the device with jailbreakme.com

Thanks, otherwise......

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't understand you. If you mean to put a Bootlogo with Star, it's not possible, as you need a bootrom exploit, and star is a userland exploit
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think that he is trying to ask if it's possible to use Snowbreeze to make a custom firmware with boot/recovery logos and install it on his device WITHOUT checking the "Install Cydia" box, so then he would use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak.

If that is your question, then I don't think that it will work. This is because by adding the custom boot/recovery logos, you are "jailbreaking" or changing the file system. So, when you use jailbreakme.com your device is going to most likely get screwed up because it is not compiled to handle a "custom" or changed firmware. But I could be wrong...

4. tomlaw

tomlaw Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well back when spirit was out. i clicked jailbreak 2 times on accident. Nothing happen
  5. paris11

paris11 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sorry for my english but that i mean is that that naveen121 says... anyway!thanks both of you.