Corporate email and ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by qwerty53, May 23, 2008.

1. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

Hi,
    I sent this email to the it department of my companey:

"
    Hey guys,
    If this is true:

"Apple has licensed Exchange ActiveSync from Microsoft and is building it right into the iPhone, so that iPhone will connect out-of-the-box to Microsoft Exchange Servers 2003 and 2007 for secure over-the-air push email, contacts, calendars and global address lists. Built-in Exchange ActiveSync support also enables security features such as remote wipe, password policies and auto-discovery. The iPhone 2.0 software supports Cisco IPsec VPN to ensure the highest level of IP-based encryption available for transmission of sensitive corporate data, as well as the ability to authenticate using digital certificates or password-based, multi-factor authentication. The addition of WPA2 Enterprise with 802.1x authentication enables enterprise customers to deploy iPhone and iPod touch with the latest standards for protection of Wi-Fi networks."

Does this mean that I will be able to have PK email on my ipod touch like the guys with blackberries?

Thanks,

"

And I received this response:

"
    IT only supports email on Treos via Good Messaging and Blackberries at this time. There are no plans to support email on the iPhone or the Ipod Touch

Our Exchange server is not setup for OTA (Over The Air) Email Push - this utilizes the same technology that the Windows Mobile devices do through Exchange ActiveSync, which we are not licensed for

We are able to use Good Messaging on the Treos and on Windows Mobile handhelds and we currently have a Blackberry Server (in Development) that is used for email for some people

"

So is there a way to get my work email into the itouch? with v. 2.0 software or without?
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You probably could if you had the address and your user name and password for the incoming and outgoing mail servers. Then just set it up like you would any other email.

If you look at the bottom right corner of you outlook when your sending or receiving mail sometimes it flashes the sever address for the outgoing and incoming mail servers. It would look something like incoming.blabla.com.

You already have a your user name. But getting the passwords might be a problem.

Or maybe you can just have your mail forwarded to a google or some other email address.
  3. rhmjr

rhmjr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Setting up exchange server email on iPod Touch

Thought I had this licked, but not so.

I've been able to configure push e-mail through our corporate exchange server 2003 so that when I'm on the wifi at work e-mails push through no problem. When I'm on wifi at home error that cannot connect comes through.

The word "local" is in the server address that worked (at work) so I'm wondering if that is the problem offsite.

We are able to access e-mail remotely via web and this works ok on safari (on iPod) but difficult to read and manage - would be easier to do in the the mail app.

Any suggestions?
  4. Harold76

Harold76 New Member

If your company has Exchange Webmail as well, then setup a new Exchange account on your iPod Touch/iPhone, but point it to the webmail address. This worked for me.