copying tunes from husbands laptop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saranee, Jul 12, 2009.

1. saranee

saranee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I had an Ipod Nano and it completely died. Did not have it backed up, back up was on an old computer and didn't know how to transfer it to my new computer and thought I was safe enough as the nano wasn't that old. Big mistake.

Anyway, I just got an Ipod touch to replace the nano that died. The only music I have in my Itunes on my new computer currently are 10 songs that I have recently purchased. My husband has most of the same songs (100 +) on his laptop that I previously had on my nano. Instead of having to purchase all those songs again that I lost, is there a way to copy those songs from his laptop onto my ipod? And if there is, how do I then get those songs from my ipod into my itunes library on my computer.

Hope that makes sense. I don't want to mess up his laptop and am not super computer savvy, so am trying to figure out if this is possible and if so, how to do it...

Thanks,
    saranee
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Just copy the songs from his laptop toy your computer. Then sync as normal.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yep, drag/drop the music onto a flash drive, then copy/paste them onto your computer.
  4. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah what you can do is make sure iTunes is on his laptop, plug your iPod touch in, sync as normal.

then go onto your computer, download a copy of SharePod, and plug your iPod in. Close iTunes if it pops up, then open up SharePod. You can then transfer the songs off your iPod onto your computer using the SharePod software. You'll have to then close SharePod, open itunes and find all the copied music and add it to your library.

Any questions. Ask. Hope this helps.
  5. saranee

saranee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, thanks everyone for the help. This will really save me a load of time and money

Please Register or Log in to view images

. And this time I will definitely back it all up!!!

Saranee