Copying Photos Using 2 Computers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sscooke, Jun 5, 2009.

1. sscooke

sscooke New Member

I'm a newbie and love my itouch other than itunes and the sync. / copy function, or lack thereof. I've seen several attempts to answer this here and elsewhere, but come on Apple, people have more than 1 computer. One answer appeared to require altering hex file names and while I'm sure great for the techies its simply too much for the average user.

My issue is this. I want to selectively build my photo library on my itouch with input from 2 different laptops. Traveling frequently on biz. I take a work machine and have photos on this for the duration of the trip and then delete after transferring (Company policy about personal files etc.) and likewise at the weekends use my personal laptop. Both running Windows.

I was hoping for a simple drag and drop feature that would allow me to do this. However, appears that if I delete the older photos on my work laptop then I can't copy, but must sync., and consequently will lose all the older photos on my itouch.

Any solutions for this?

Thanks - Tim
  2. Tuatra

Tuatra New Member

umm my parents are divorced so i have 2 houses aswell, what i do is put them all on a usb, and sync with itunes with the photos on that usb...
  3. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is app that lets you swap your itunes library so that you can have multiply of them, but not at the same time. Like you have to open a app on you ipod to swap between the libraries. I don't know if it's only for music, or all media. You can download it from cydia, so you have to be jailbroken.