Copying Films To iPod Touch..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by washy1987, Apr 2, 2008.

1. washy1987

washy1987 New Member

Hey, I recently downloaded the DVD Decrypter and Videora converter but forgot how to use them together to copy my DVD's to my Touch.

Can anyone help me with a helpful thread, or at least guide me in the right direction please!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd recommend first ripping the DVD with DVD decrypter. Then download a program called Handbrake (google it, first result). Then use Handbrake to open the .iso file that DVD decyrpter makes, and set it to iPod Touch.

Wait an hour or so (depending on the speed of your computer), and voila, you'll have a .mp4 file of that DVD.
  3. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when ever i decrpyt a dvd i comes in like 20 peices
    how do i fix that
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's not really something that needs fixing, it is just not organized into a .iso. Most programs have either the option to read from a disc image, or from the Video_TS folder.

If you really want them all to be one file, download a program called DVD Shrink. While it is mainly for compressing a DVD to fit onto a single layer disk, you can also choose to have it "Burn" to a disk image (click the backup button after choosing how much compression you want, I'd recommend automatic if you plan on burning to a disk or if you want to save space, but you can also set no compression for a 1:1).

If you have the folder with a bunch of .vob files and you want to use it with handbrake, just choose Folder instead of File under the browse field.
    1 person likes this.
  5. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks
    i would rep you but that would create more compitition for me
    jkjk