Copying existing album art from one song to whole album?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by slname, Jul 8, 2008.

1. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Today I've manually added album art to the albums iTunes didn't manage to find artwork. However, I made a mistake of adding the album art only to the first song of the each album, the rest of the songs in the album now don't contain artwork.

Is there a way to add the album art to the remaining songs without downloading the artwork again (ie, select all songs, right click, and drag and drop the artwork)? Because that's exactly doubling my job from this morning...
  2. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

get the artwork for the album. search for the album in your itunes library. go> ctrl + a
    , right click and select Get info/show info. it will ask you to confirm, do so.
    you should now see a empty box, it will say "album artwork" or something like that over it. Drag and drop your artwork in there, and click ok. Voila!

hope it helped
  3. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    erm that's exactly what i want to avoid. the "get the artwork" is what i've already done, i just want to transfer it to the rest of the songs in the album that don't have the artwork.

ie, i have muse - showbiz album

1. sunburn
    2. muscle museum
    3. fillip
    etc

the first song, sunburn HAS the artwork, the rest of them don't. what i want to know is if i can, without redownloading all the artwork, somehow tell the itunes that the rest of the songs have the same artwork as sunburn. you know, with a click or two

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. slcnav

slcnav New Member

Easier way. Select the song ewith the artwork, right click on the artwork ank click copy, click on song to you want to copy to, hold the swift key down and select the last song that will have the artwork copied to. Next, right click on one of the songs higlighted and selet properties. You'll see, to the right, the artwork box, right click and then tell it to copy. It will copy the artwork to all of the songs that are highlighted.
  5. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

well you just get the artwork from the song that has it, (right click, get info, artwork tab) and drag and drop to your desktop or anywhere else you wish. then you do the ctrl + a thing i wrote about.