Copying Contacts Directly from Mobile Phone???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sharktooth, Nov 1, 2009.

1. sharktooth

sharktooth Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Unfortunately I have a Samsung mobile phone and after using Nokia for years I find the Samsung incredibly frustrating/carp! Anyway, does anyone know how i can copy my contacts from this phone directly to my jailbroken ipod touch 2g?

Cheers
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i think if you can get the contacts on your computer you can sync them with itunes into your ipod.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Get an iPhone. You can then pull the contacts from the Samsung phone directly from SIM card. Next, synch up with your computer; add the contacts to your address book. Finally, resynch your iPod touch with the new addresses.
  4. sharktooth

sharktooth Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    skyline how would i do that?
  5. DZL1

DZL1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sharktooth, can you put Google sync on your phone? If so, google sync will sync all your contacts with your gmail account, assuming you have one. Then in itunes you can tell it to sync with your gmail acct. you wont have to sync everytime you add a contact, google sync does it automatically. whenever you sync your itouch with itunes, any edits/new contacts will show up. Thats how i got over 200 contacts from my blackberry onto my itouch. Hope this helps.

DZL1.
  6. sharktooth

sharktooth Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    thanks mate, but if you have ever owned a samsung you probably wouldn't have asked that question! but, going one step forward and two steps back though i have managed to get my contacts onto my laptop as vcf files. so i suppose i could then import them into my gmail account and then sync it with the itunes contacts... however i believe it can only be done one file at a time? nightmare
  7. sugstrsht

sugstrsht New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Samsung mobie next year probably will follow suit. As of today the GHS690 doesn't have it. Will most likely need the hardware to support it.