Copy ripped DVD to touch via iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jfaldridge, Apr 14, 2008.

1. jfaldridge

jfaldridge New Member

Apr 13, 2008
    I have been looking for a solution, but have found no answer to copying a ripped DVD file to my Ipod touch via iTunes. I have searched the web high and low to find an answer to simply copying a video file to my ipod touch.

Here's what I'm doing (converting original DVD - Titanic):

windows XP platform:
    iPod Touch ver 1.1.4
    DVD - Titanic
    Handbrake 0.9.2
    Converted file into mp4 (also tried m4v) no luck

In short copying either file into iTunes will not work - IT WILL NOT SYNC (copy file) to my ipod touch !! I have no problem converting the DVD to mp4 - getting it to sync (copy) to my Ipod Touch is the problem. Once converted I can play the video (watch) it in iTunes, but when I perform a sync to my ipod - the video NEVER copies over.

Note: file plays inside iTunes, it will just not copy to touch. I also (right click on video file) and selected "convert selection for ipod/phone" and it said the video was in the correct format, no conversion necessary.

Maybe the answer is use something else other than iTunes? I tried touchcopy but it messed all my playlists and I have to re-intilize my touch from scratch.

thanks in advance....
  2. joshuajag

joshuajag Member

Mar 2, 2008
    To Convert try using Videora iPhone Converter it Automatically converts to proper format and adds to iTunes. If no luck try ripping DVD using DVD Decrypter and Videora iPhone Converter. Works for me!!

Also check to make sure the movie is set to sync in your ipod settings in itunes under the "movies" tab.
  3. beezy

beezy New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    it might loose quality this way, but try converting it to AVI, then AVI to MP4
  4. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Shouldn't make a difference. No reason it shouldn't work. I've had that happen from time to time. Eventually it copied. The one time it stubbornly WOULD NOT COPY, I checked... And I'd already put on there. Be nice if iTunes said "That file is already on there, idiot."