Copy & Paste function and Mobile Notes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fckmayday, Nov 3, 2007.

1. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

Oct 14, 2007

i've got a question. Is there any avail. to copy some text and paste it somewhere esle? I.E I'd like to copy email adress from Contacts and paste it in Mobile Notes.

And my second question, I searched but i havnt found the solution yet. How can I add TXT to Mobile Notes from the computer? I've got a long document and i need to have it in Mobile Notes. Any Ideas?

Regards, fckm.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Copy and paste would be a great option that is not there yet. I have wanted/needed a copy/paste funtion quite a few times already. As far as pasting the text to notes, I don't think this is possible either. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.
  3. flash84x

flash84x New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    copy/paste would be nice but not avail...

as far as inserting custom notes, you can download erica's utilities so that you get the sqlite3 command in terminal after you get that you can create a sql script with your text to inject it into the notes.db, its not a straightforward task but if you are familiar with SQL you can do it

the overall idea would be as follows

create the sql insert statements with your text on your computer and save it into a text file
    upload that text file to your ipod
    open term
    run sqlite3 in a similar fashion to this, "sqlite3 Library/Notes/notes.db < /temp/mytext.sql"

the first argument specifies the database you want to open and the second is the script you want to run against that db

also be aware that the notes uses a simple form of html for the bodies

<div>'s are used to create new lines and

<div><br class=\"webkit-block-placeholder\"></div>
    is used to create a blank line

also, the timestamp field is calculated from 1/1/2001 unlike most unix timestamps that are calculated from 1970
  4. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

Oct 13, 2007
  5. arieh

arieh New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    i was in this same position you'll need;
    bsd subsystem
    for the ipod,
    and you'll need cyberduck for mac (or the widows program that does the same thing)
    1. install all the crap for the ipod and download the cyberduck for mac connect to your ipod(countless tutorials for this on youtube)
    2. save the file you want to work on in .txt format
    3. drag into private/var/root
    4. open textedit on ipod
    5. click "open"
    6. click "find in finder"
    7. your file should be there and just open it

i use this so i can continue working on a paper wherever i go (bus, plane, car)
  6. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Yes, I use textedit all the time to create text files on my ipod while on the move, mostly keyword laden entry pages for my web site. When I get back to the computer I can ssh the text files back off the ipod, pop them in my site builder and add the html links to the text. Being able to create plain text files was my main reason for jailbreaking, and I still think it is criminal Apple couldn't be arsed putting such a simple app on the iPhone and iPod Touch (notes is very different, and you just can't do the same thing with it easily)