copy eBook from kindle app to computer? kinda urgent...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oregon, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Hey, I have an English project, I don't have the book, and right now I just have the eBook on my iPod within the Kindle Application. I have tried going onto Amazon and downloading to computer, but I have gotten an error message everytime.

Does anyone know how to access the Kindle app data so I could get the file off my iPod to read on my computer?

Thanks!
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could probably do this (assuming you're jailbroken):

Run these commands in Terminal (assuming the app is Kindle.app, I don't actually know the name):

updatedb
    locate Kindle

Then, look through the output to find the folder that the app is in. Then go to that folder over SFTP (the folder should be a large string of letters and numbers, and Kindle.app or whatever it's called should be inside), and open Documents. The eBook will probably be in that folder. Not absolutely positive, though.
  3. Oregon

Oregon New Member

hey, I tried the terminal thing and it didn't seem to work.

I think I found the folder your talking about, though, with funbox. It was randomly named with 16 characters I think, but it had a kindle.app folder inside it. I couldn't find the ebook file though. Are .supp files app files? I found a 21kb kindle.supp file that I think my have been it, but I don't know how to open it.