copy current firmware

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by optikalefx, Apr 24, 2008.

1. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So i want to use pwnage to be able to restore my ipod the way i like it. Problem is i have a lot going on. I know itunes can sync my music/calendar/videos/photos. so not worried about those, and i always backup my notes.db whenever i restore. BUT I have all the iphone apps and a ton of JB apps along with webclips. Not to mention the caterpillar fix with the old ipod dock. I know how to save the applications, and iguess webclips will be saved too. but what about things like my fonts being moved and my old ipod dock, and the order of icons, etc.. Is there a way to just copy my current state?
  2. Pilk

Pilk New Member

iTunes backs up more than you think. From my personal experience it backs up icon ordering (including JB apps), webclips, high scores from some JB apps (Pool for example) as well as your media, and probably some other stuff too.

It depends if you are using Mac or PC. If your using a Mac you need to make some bundles to put in Pwnage (this is what I use and I've got mine almost entirely backed up to a custom firmware). If it's Windows your on ipodtouchmaster has made a back up utility thats in beta at the moment. I'm not sure what it's called but it looks good. There's a thread about it on here somewhere.
  3. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea im using a mac, what kind of bundles?
  4. Pilk

Pilk New Member