Copy Apps to iPod Touch 1g Without Sync?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by rubejb, Apr 22, 2009.

1. rubejb

rubejb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So heres my situation...

I have a bunch of apps from iTunes on my iPod Touch 1st gen. I also have limited hard drive space on my computer so I tried backup the apps from my iTunes folder onto an external hard drive. Later I downloaded a new app, and it of course wants to re-sync everything, copying all of my old apps from the Touch back to the iTunes folder on my computer.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to add a new app, either through iTunes or a program like Sharepod (I used sharepod for my 5g iPod, not even sure if it works for newer models) that will allow me to copy it from the computer to the Touch without syncing?

I'd love it if it works like I do with my music collection, I just create a playlist in iTunes and drag and drop from windows explorer onto the Touch. No syncing involved.

Also, downloading directly to the iPod wirelessly isn't an option right no as I don't have wifi.

I'm using XP if that makes a difference. Thanks!
  2. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why not just redownload it straight to the ipod? it wont charge you again...
  3. rubejb

rubejb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As I said in one of the last lines... "Also, downloading directly to the iPod wirelessly isn't an option right no as I don't have wifi."

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the response tho.