Cool volume trick

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VViper, Dec 30, 2007.

1. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else but I found a cool trick when mucking around with MobileFinder.

Basically I managed to get a volume icon to appear when changing the volume on music. The icon looks much like the one on Macs when you increase the volume.

How I did it was open Music (it works with the iPod.app as well, I tried both) start a song the leave the song running and
    open MobileFinder. Navigate to your applications folder and double tap mobileMusicPlayer.app. Finder should close and Music should open. Now increase and decrease the volume. The little volume icon should appear.

Please post if this worked or not.
  2. Hsoccer70

Hsoccer70 New Member

hey yeah thats pretty cool, although it goes away after you leave that screen. nice find :]
  3. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah that's the only problem, I wish it would stay. I was hopping that it could be used and properly enabled. Also open a video, it doesn't work with video well. Its on its side and stops the status bar from rotating. I managed to getvit to work in YouTube and it was the the right way round. I hope this could be developed. You can change the icon by going into customize and selecting sound images.

Quite cool I found something no one else has found!
  4. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Is this the same icon that comes up when you mess around with volume while listening to music then press the home button?
  5. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not sure what you mean. I just tried mucking around with the volume then pressed the home button but I didn't see any icon. Just try it out, it only takes a few minutes.
  6. sudhir2007

sudhir2007 New Member

I get that icon when i put my iPod in a dock
  7. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    cool.. but my method is open a LARGE video and change the volume and tap back and there it is.. but very short time.
  8. iGabe Touch

iGabe Touch New Member

Yeah I get that too. I was pretty excited about it untill i figured out that it didn't work unless you did that.
  9. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    lots of ppl have found this b4 without useing mobile finder
  10. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought it had been found before, I did search but didn't find anything. I was hoping there was a way to make this more permeneant.