Cool setting on iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richardcav, Feb 21, 2010.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got an urge to break up the iPod monotony a bit? Go to your settings, then General...accessability...white on black.

It actually looks pretty awesome. I assumed it would turn everything to a dull black and white, as the feature name ("white on black") seems to imply.

Nope. It inverts all colors. Try it.

WARNING...UNLESS YOU NEED IT...AND REALLY NEED IT... REFRAIN FROM TURNING THE SPEECH OR MAGNIFY FEATURES!!!

I was an idiot. I set the "three home button click" to "ask". This brings up a window with all three options, which included the black on white.

Magnify: giantizes everything, making it almost impossible to reach any control allowing you to turn it off

speech: speaks all settings, which-for reasons I'll never understand-highlights buttons before selecting them. So, you click on the button, then tap it twice to open it. Why is this a problem? Because to get to the accessability settings, you'd have to scroll all the way down in the general section. This is impossible because touching the screen to scroll only clicks on a button and will not scroll down.

The "ask" option is very glitchy. When I turned off the speech feature, the magnify automatically turned on without prompting or selecting. Esther way was a disaster.

I can't remember how I managed to turn it off, but it wasn't easy. Trust me. Don't touch the speech or magnify options.

But the contrast white on black is cool.

Yes. I am bored.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    everyone who has a ouch 3G or 3GS already knows this
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that option is for people with seeing disabilites, i think its called universal mode or something.
  4. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can turn it off when you sync your ipod.