Cool new app for the rich and famous. Caterpillar

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Willberto, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Willberto

Willberto New Member

I'm not opposed to buying apps but this is a bit absurd.

http://ripdev.com/caterpillar

Basically buy a subscription to use a block of apps for a finite amount of time (unless you want to pay $45).

┬ÁCalendar looks pretty useful if you use your iPod as an agenda. But again, not worth 45$.

Someone should make an app like this or crack this one.
  2. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

I think that the ability would be REALLY nice. The font gets old, someone should try to make a free version of this app. I think that they would make just as much money accepting donations!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I liked like to have the events view on the unlock screen like that, but it isn't worth the money.
  4. Willberto

Willberto New Member

They seem to be Russian too, so each app they sell that's like... 10 bottles of vodka.

I forgot the max price Apple is charging for SDK apps but I know it's under $10 ($7?) and these guys want at least 4 times the max rate. Ridiculous.

It was covered here too: http://www.iphoneskinning.com/
  5. Blind

Blind New Member

People who make applications for a product they did not even make should definetly not charge for them. If someone got me the source of the application, it would be cracked that day.
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Time = money. If someone spent the time to develop the applications, I don't see any reason why they couldn't ask for payment for them. I, however, won't be buying them unless I think they're REALLY REALLY worth it. I appreciate all the free software developed for the iPod Touch, but I don't blame people for wanting to be paid at time for their work.

This subscription model, on the other hand, is disgusting to me. It reminds me of those stupid subscription ring-tones that cell phone companies cell. Makes me nauseous.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Well, a quick fix for that would to create a link from one font to another font. That might take maybe 15 seconds to do.

Personally, I don't mind paying for apps, but I'm not going to pay for an app that I can't try out. Or, at the very least, see screenshots.
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are the See it for Yourself links with screenshots.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yeah, but one or two screenshot isn't enough to actually experience an app that they want us to buy.

Although I do want calendar and events on the unlock screen, as well as the privacy settings. Everything else has already been done, or could be done easily enough.
  10. Willberto

Willberto New Member

There are a lot more screenshots here: http://www.iphoneskinning.com/