Cookie J in the haus... w/ some problems =)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Cookie J, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Cookie J

Cookie J New Member

Hi everyone. Newbee here. Have a problem w/ my v2.2.1 iPod Touch. Need your help very badly so it wont happen again.

My wife took my iPod Touch to her office and connected it to her office computer. She made sure my username is logged-in to iTunes before connecting the device and it is one of two computers we have authorized from my iPod Touch. All of a sudden though, all the applications, songs, pictures, movies, basically everything I've put in my iPod just disappeared. A good question would be. HOW THE H**L HAPPENED??!! I asked if she ever synced it and agreed to the "the data in your iPod will be removed" message thingy and she dint. She's a bit techie herself so I trust her on that one. Is there a reasonable explanation why this have happened? or was it just a glitch/bug on iPod Touch that randomly happens to make people miserable? It took me at least an equivalent of three whole straight days of downloading and sorting the songs alone. I'm just afraid that it would just happen again after "re-building" my iPod Touch. Also it freezes once in a while for no reason while using an application if there's still a good 9GB free memory left.

Help me guys. If you could let me know of things I have to anticipate w/ this thing. It took me at least three months to convince myself that it's worth buying the gadget and it became my best friend literally until this.

Sigh.

Cookie J
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That happens with all iPods. If you plug it into another computer, everything gets deleted.
  3. Chabara

Chabara Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^that isn't true, i just built a new computer and when i plugged my ipod into it and tried to sync it gave me an 'erase and sync,' 'transfer purchases,' or 'cancel' prompt

and the dude said his wife didn't hit erase&sync

that's silly anyway that it would delete everything when you plug your ipod into another computer; then you could never charge your ipod at somebody elses house without an ac adapter