Convincing parents to get a mac

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by uber hax, Nov 24, 2008.

1. uber hax

uber hax Guest

how do i convince my parents to buy me a macbook for christmas? i mean, my mom just bought a puppy and i would feel bad asking for anything expensive for the holidays. My mom loves macs and has an imac, but i only see her on weekends. And my dad hates macs. My mom only likes to buy me gifts she could see me enjoy, and a macbook i would use during the week. So... how do i go about this?
  2. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    threaten them you will get low marks whether they obey you or not. Laws of nature.
  3. uber hax

uber hax Guest

already to low.....

and one of my dads argue points is "why pay more money for a laptop with a smaller screen?" Would going from a 15 inch widescreen to a 13 inch be that noticeable to affect buying the product?
  4. butteronaroll

butteronaroll New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its not the size that matter is wuts in side that counts!!
  5. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    exactly, show them how easy it is to use a mac and how virus prone a pc is
  6. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am actually immense at selling my family things LOL My Mum and Dad went out to get a cheap laptop for just internet use so they took me for some help and we walked out with a Macbook haha.
  7. uber hax

uber hax Guest

my mom his a huge fangirl, so she already knows they are the best.

My dad says macs are incredibly hard to use (the only thing i can think of people finding confusing is the dock, and i got my dad to use RKLauncher so i dont know what he complains about...), and when i tell him about macs being nearly virus proof he says "My buddy john is an IT and he'll hook you up with a lifetime Symantec program for free that is the best Anti virus there is blah blah blah"

and then my dad also makes comments about how my crummy dell inspiron b130 is still fine and that i dont need a new one. I have a 30gig hard drive and i cant even download another song to my computer which annoys the hell out of me. i have to run weekly disk cleanups so i dont get hard drive errors. i mean, explorer.exe and NMCHostingindex.exe (2 system programs) crash atleast 2 times a day. But my dad dosent understand anthing that he cant hold in is hand, so he doesnt care.

so, i guess i have to give up on my dad buying me one, but how can i convince my mom who is a fangirl to get me a macbook even though she wont see me use it often. (divorced parents usually only buy you gifts that will see you use, even if my parents are still friends) and she also just got me a puppy, so i would feel terrible blatantly asking. I need to send her some sort of subliminal email...
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

9. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Wouldn't it be that if it's your laptop it shouldn't matter what kind you want ?
    Anywho , just tell them you are willing to pay half or something , or that you'll do lots of work , or some sh*t like that.
  10. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You dont want her to buy something expensive, yet you want her to buy a macbook? LOL. cant have it both ways. If she can afford it, and doesnt mind buying it, I would ask her. Explain about your crummy pc and tell her how you need a new computer but want a mac. You can take it to her house when you visit her and she'll get to see you use it.