Converting Videos for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BriZNiZ, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    Is there a specific converter out there already or a certain profile i would want 2 use to make it look its best on the iPads display?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think any programs have been updated to include a specific iPad profile since it just came out, but you can use programs like Handbrake and then just edit the dimensions yourself.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Agreed. Check out this thread if you're going to use a regular video converter. It has great suggestions.
  4. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
  5. br0adband

br0adband New Member

Use HandBrake, choose the Apple Universal preset, you'll be just fine. It will encode videos so that they work on any Apple device, and will give OUTSTANDING results. Seriously.

There is no better solution out there, there is no simpler solution out there.

Get HandBrake's latest svn release to get the latest version of the x264 encoder and run with it. The objective of the Apple Universal preset is to end up with a file that will play on ANY Apple device and the iPad is no exception. There's nothing to tweak, nothing to dick around with, just select that preset and start the encoding, seriously. Don't muck with the settings or you'll screw things up, do some test encodings (single chapters from a DVD, etc) and learn how the workflow handles things.

There's no reason to adjust resolution at all; the preset handles all of it and offers the best results and keeps the end file compatible with every Apple device out there, from Macs to iPods to iPhones and now iPads too.

Start HandBrake, load the video file you want to convert, select the Apple Universal preset, click Start, when it's done that's it. The best quality, the best encoder, the best application, and the best results.

Simple.
  6. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks broadband! Appreciate the advice and giving it a try now.
  7. clarea

clarea New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  8. mrksem454

mrksem454 New Member

Well, I am using Daniusoft iPad Video Converter for my ipad, Its a very powerful tool for converting any formate, Also its have a editing functions like Cropping movie, Clipping, etc, And also I can DIY my video before Video to iPad conversion.
  9. JJay

JJay New Member

I use Convert-tune to convert video and audio files. It converts easily to different formats, for ipod, ipad, etc.
    Convert-tune
  10. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Handbrake works great. Be sure to check "large file size"