Converting .pxl files to iPhone executable files on a Mac

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pjbarnoy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First, download your .pxl file. I'll use iSaber v0.01 as an example here.
    You can get the iSaber .pxl at http://pxl.ibrickr.com/iSaber-0.01.pxl

So now you have your .pxl file. First, rename "iSaber-0.01.pxl" to "iSaber-0.01.zip". Extracting the archive will give you the "iSaber-0.01" folder. Inside this folder there is another folder called "app". Rename this folder to "iSaber.app".

And you have your app. You can transfer it normally by SFTP to your applications folder on your iPhone/iPoT and it should work.

FAQ

Q: There's a "PxlPkg.plist" file inside my iSaber-0.01 folder. What's that for?

A: To tell you the truth, I have no idea myself. I assume by the name it had something to do with the .pxl file. In any case, it doesn't affect our app, so don't worry about it.
  2. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This might work on a Windows box too, I'm not sure. If somebody could test it, that'd be great.

EDIT: Thanks nintendodude for verifying that it does work on machines running Windows!
  3. addmister

addmister New Member

Hmm I tried this and the app boots but nothing happens when I wave the iPod. I could have looked like an idiot with cool sounds but now I just look like an idiot...
  4. eco21

eco21 New Member

wil have a look at that later
  5. synagence

synagence New Member

Its working with the sensors ok it seems .... can get the basic sound but it gaps when looping and doesn't react very much.

Would be fun if someone could enhance this more.
  6. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This wasn't supposed to be an iSaber feedback page... but a tutorial on how to get .pxl files working on your iPhone and iPoT. I just used iSaber as an example because I've heard many people couldn't find where to get it and thought this might help a little

Please Register or Log in to view images

And addmister, were your headphones plugged in? You know since there's no audio speakers built in you won't hear the sounds without headphones.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

lol, people are missing the point it seems. this will work in windows just fine if you have the view option "show file extensions for known types" enabled. you can then rename the extension to .zip and extract, then rename app to "whatever".app

thank you for posting this in the other section for me too. I appreciate the help.
  8. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for verifying that. I wonder if any moderators would mind changing the title of this thread to something like "Converting .pxl files to iPoT executable files". After all, this is iPoTfans.com

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

it wont let you edit the title? thats strange. eitherway, keep finding cool apps in that format, or any other format for that matter.
  10. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I don't see a way of doing it. Mind showing me where it might be?