Converted files to quicktime, Ipod h.264, mp4, etc etc, but can't add them.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kyo, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Itunes tells me this ipod can't play these files. On my comp they play fine with qt... why? Ipods don't accept every qt file?

Is it the app I'm using (magic vid converted)? I can add converted files done by other apps though, but I'd like to keep on using this app because it works best when converting rmvb...
  2. Kyn

Kyn New Member

are u from brazil
  3. dude19

dude19 Banned

its weird how their usernames are one letter apart and so is their post count...um i had this problem with videora prolly the resolution you converted them too. if your trying to play them on the touch try this if you have an ipod video try to add the files to it if it works it means the files arent corrrupt but the resolution is wrong. if your trying to add the files to your ipod video get your touch and try to add the files. sorry if thats confusing thats the only way i know if its a non corrupt file.

so just try to convert it with videora (your mp4 file) and choos ipod touch as the profile just search videora ipod in google
  4. Eragon

Eragon New Member

If the converted file plays in iTunes, but will not sync to your iPoT, the video settings you've encoded to are not compatible with the iPoT. After you import your video into iTunes, right click or ctrl-click the movie title and select "Get Info". You should be able to see the video and audio settings. If audio bit rate is above 192 kbps, or the screen settings are not less than 640x480 (e.g., 720x480), your video will not sync.
  5. Kyo

Kyo New Member

It's not corrupt... I don't have another ipod to try your method, but it plays fine on my comp (but the strange thing is, unlike most qt files, winamp tries to play them... I have to manually assign qt to play it. I guess that's the first sign something's wrong.).

It doesn't play with itunes either though. I simply drag it to itunes library, but then it will tell me it can't be added because this ipod can not play the file.

My video settings:

-H264 codec
    -AAC audio codec
    -bitrate: 1200 kbps
    -changed dimensions to 640 x 480 (it has as default the old apple ipod settings of 320 x 240)
    -frame rate: auto
    -aspect: auto

Audio settings:

-sample rate: changed from 44100 to 48000, because it at 44100 it would crash the file for some reason... ipod will say it's broken.
    -audio bitrate: 128 kbps

I chose the iPod H.264 - High Quality (H.264, 24 fps, 320x240; MPEG4 AAC LC) option for conversion...

See anything strange?