Review Convertbot Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Germany, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Germany

Germany Banned

Convertbot

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: $1.99

Developed by: Tapbots
    Version: 1.3
    File size: 1.5 MB

What is Convertbot?

Convertbot is a high quality, well developed conversion robot. It contains a large number of different unit categories that can be converted in a premier interface. This application steps above and beyond all other converters. No more boring pages to scroll through, lack of units, and extreme amounts of text. Convertbot puts everything together in a fun to use, yet down to business application. Converting units is now an after thought and not a hassle as in the past. If you decide to download Convertbot, be ready for a pleasant surprise. I wish all developers would spend this much time perfecting their applications.

Features

Convertbot is not your typical converter. It comes with some very nice, and well-tuned features that pack a punch. Upon using the application, you will notice some very good sound effects. If for any reason you don't like them, you can simply turn them off. Another cool feature is swapping units. For example, if you are converting USD to EUR, you can easily swap them to convert EUR to USD at any time. Specific categories and units can also be turned off and on, which is very helpful because not everyone will need for example, the radioactivity conversions. Another extremely useful feature is the short time in which the currencies update. The most time I have seen since the last update has been 30 minutes. This helps you be very accurate when converting currencies. The features that Convertbot offers are definitely top of the line. You will be able to learn how to use the features in the next section.

Categories included are:

• Angle
    • Area
    • Currency
    • Data Rate
    • Data Size
    • Force
    • Fuel
    • Illuminance
    • Length
    • Mass
    • Power
    • Pressure
    • Radioactivity
    • SI
    • Speed
    • Temperature
    • Time
    • Typography
    • Volume
    • Work

Graphical User Interface

Now that you know some of the great features that Convertbot offers, I'd like to talk about the interface of the application. Convertbot sports a very intuitive click wheel like spinner which allows you to select different conversion categories as well as the specific units. Once you are on the category or unit you want to select, you can simply click okay. To view the calculator, just tap in the "from-to" area on the screen (top). To swap the units, you just need to click the blue double arrows. If you want to turn the sound off or on, as well as select or unselect certain conversion categories, merely click the small information button (i) in the corner. Below is a nice .gif image that I compiled to show everything I explained. The interface is unique and extremely easy to use.

Audio

As in most utilities, audio does not play a major role in Convertbot. It does, however, include some very pleasant technological sounds. They go very well with the application and seem to fit in place. I have attatched a .rar folder with several of the sound effects inside. You can also watch this video demonstration from Tapbots which should summarize the past three sections.

Reuse Value

With so many great features, a sleek interface, and some nice additional sound effects, Convertbot is the one to beat when it comes to converters. The application is revolutionary and includes a load of useful categories and units. If you ever need to convert something, whether it is simply your height, or radioactivity of something, Convertbot has you covered. I am American and I use Convertbot very frequently (why did they not use SI?). That doesn't mean other people around the world don't have a reason to use this application. It has endless possibilities and the developers hit it spot on. Convertbot is by far the most polished application I have seen.

Ratings

Attached Files:

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Looks good! I'm going to read this tomorrow so I don't fall asleep on my keyboard.
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Awesome reviewing, lol im so tired, gonna read this 2morro too

4. Germany

Germany Banned

Good

. This is the most polished and streamlined application I have ever used. Simply amazing.
  5. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Holy. I watched the video and it's amazing! The sounds, how it works, everything. It really looks like he's using the little wheel.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

Yeah, you should consider trying it for yourself. I wish I had a good camera and microphone like he did to make some iPhone/iPod Touch videos.
  7. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For my videos I just put my camera on my tripod and wrap my headphones around it so that it gets good sound.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

So what's this about your headphones? Off topic, message me on my profile.

Anyways, I have actually used this to find my height in cm and weight in kg. It's not like I ALWAYS play around with it.
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review. I would have been interested to see a list of the actual unit conversions featured, but I suppose that list is far too long and probably available on the devs website anyway.The converters are useful applications to have. Everyone should have one. With a 9.8 score I doubt there will be much call for many more converters (unless they are as good/better but cheaper or free!)!
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

Yes, there are several good free ones but absolutely nothing beats this. Tapbots did a great job on polishing this up and everything works wonderfully. Yes, I should have put a list but it would seem really long. You can see all of them in the demo .gif but if you don't care how to use it, then it is not worth the wait. Lol. I have an idea. Will update in a bit.