Controversy Regarding Ipod Touch Games/Apps

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by johnnykickass, May 4, 2009.

?

Is the Ipod Touch becoming a gaming toy, instead of a media player?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. johnnykickass

johnnykickass New Member

Ipod Touch games have become extremely popular. And for good reasons. The games available are extraordinary, compared to other media players. Today the fact is that the Ipod Touch is becoming so popular not because of the concept that it is a great media player, but rather because of the games and applications available. Is the Ipod Touch on the verge on becoming a simple “toy”, instead of being the great media player it is supposed to be?
  2. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use it equaly i think it is because people love having things all in one and the ipod touch is so slim a sleek. you can get great apps while listing to music and you can even watch movies so i think its a gaming device because games are getting advanced a organizer because the apps and a media device because movies and music.
  3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think it will ever stop being a great media player, seeing as all the functions that make it a great media player are built into the software/hardware. It will become a better gaming device as developers learn what works best on the iPod/iPhone and what doesn't work so well on the device.
  4. qasim

qasim New Member

Yeah.. I ALWAYS listen to music on this.. It's just that the device is getting better and better!! They are just adding apps and what not... The media player is incredible. Great music quality, incredible video experience!! Excellent photos!! lol
  5. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's a media device, just like the psp. If you also didn't notice, Gaming is a part of media. Though The iPod has not been fully utilized by the gaming industry it still has quite a large gaming portion growing in it. I must say that without and mods/hacks the iPod touch is a much better non-game media player than the psp.
    It's not like being a "toy" makes it any worse than what it is. Its not like everyone buys certain things for the same reason. Some people may get Xbox 360's or Ps3's as media players, but does that change what it really is? PSP is made for gaming, but has media aspects, while the iPod touch is made as a media player with gaming aspects. Some people may buy either of those for their secondary aspects and discover the major aspects.
  6. meepo

meepo New Member

I dont think that controversy would be the right word for this thread, you made me think that some apps or games had obscene content in it which sparked the controversy @_@.