[Controversial Opinions Discussion] WWDC

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by spoonforknife, Jun 9, 2008.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Post your opinions on what went on at the WWDC. For what actually happened, I advise you to take a peek at Danls92's sticky somewhere above this thread.

My opinions...

$199 3G iPhone
    Sweet! 3G, Über-Colors, and a price drop! Wow! Apple took a big risk here and since the App Store profits will make them $$$ and the huge rush of buyers for the new 3G and 2.0 Features, they're dropping the price. Smart. But what does this mean for the $299 iPod touch, being $100 more than its iPhone counterpart with far less hardware features? Plus, it's in white! [Drools]

In addition, it's slimmer, the headphone jack isn't recessed, and it has that kicking wall charger.

MobileMe
    Yay! The WebApps look sweet. Nevertheless, my .mac account was deleted by Apple after 4 months. I mean seriously, I paid for a year of it. I plan to go down to the Apple Store once MobileMe comes out to straighten things out, but this looks sweet, especially with all the syncing between stuff.

I love the new features like the App Store, Scientific Calculator, and Enterprise Features, but paying $9.95 for iPod touch owners? No thank you. While I understand that Apple needs to bump the price up for iPod touch owners seeing as they aren't getting the cell phone carriers' profits as well, but having the iPhone price drop and charging for iPod touch owners is kind of ridiculous. Plus, there's nothing that can be done like Customize or Summerboard and theming on the new 2.0. I'm going to wait for some kind of jailbreak, but those 2.0 apps do look pretty damn awesome.

Snow Leopard
    I have Leopard and it's sweet. But Snow Leopard? What a crappy name. Plus, if it's $129 for bug fixes and a slightly more efficient, Snow Leopard will be a rip. If it does have a decent advantage, I may buy it, but right now, it doesn't look horribly appealing.

Those are my opinions, post yours!
  2. bozeefus

bozeefus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my thoughts:

iphone 3g:
    yay, $200 for 8gb. very affordable for an apple product. people are now arguing whether the $200 price tag is only available if you purchase an at&t service. i don't think you need an at&t contract to buy the iphone for $200. on the website, you can buy iphone 3g at apple retail stores. since you can buy them at apple retail stores, i doubt apple stores will implement a at&t "section" just to get you to sign up for mandatory 2-year contract.

ipod touch - price drop
    price drop will not occur on 1st gen touches. right now, they have a macbook+free ipod touch deal going on. they are doing this to get rid of 1st gen ipod touches and make room for new ones.

when the macbook+free touch deal ends in early september, that's when they will release the new ipod touch. prices will drop accordingly to reflect iphone pricing. 8gb touch will most likely be discontinued and 16gb set as lowest end ipod touch
  3. noobishipodkid3434

noobishipodkid3434 Banned

Did they even announce the Snow Leopard thing? Nothing on the apple site?
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    eh could care less about the ten bucks, i think the white is horrible,

and snow leopard pissed me off, there is like nothing different
  5. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yea, developers where going to get a peek at the improved OS after "Lunch" at WWDC.
  6. afazel

afazel New Member

I'm kind of aggravated that it's so cheap, because now I want one but can't justify spending it just for the 3G.

Thanks for the info, though!
  7. unckid

unckid New Member

has really neat features. Can't wait for this to come out soon. But july I can't wait that long. I was hoping for it to be released tonight. It was great for Apple to set the price at 9.95 due to the economy.

3G iPhone
    this is a piece of heaven but in a phone. At $199 this is the perfect price for all the features it offers. I read somewhere that you could have prepaid on the iPhone with AT&T. I could save money and buy the phone and have extra cash due to the no bill situation if it were prepaid. But its a bad side to this I don't want everyone to have the iPhone. I wanna be the only person in my neighberhood to have it.

Overall I anticipating the release of all this stuff but the waiting is gonna kill me.
  8. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They're having lunch now.