Controlling macbook via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tylobedo, Nov 27, 2008.

1. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey, well since Keynote absoulty pwns powerpoint, and yes i know i can export keynote to powerpoint but that is just useless because powerpoint can't do sh*t, i was just going to take my macbook to school to give a presentation. However i was wondering, is there someway (using bluetooth) to pair the devices, and use it as a next slide thing.

Or does anybody know if vnc works over an ad hoc network that is not connected to the internet? i know i can create an ad hoc network on my macbook and connect to it on my iphone, could i then use one of the multiple vnc applications in the appstore?

Thanks

PS sorry if its in the wrong section i didn't really know where to put it, so i figured general would be good

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

VNC does not require an internet connection( at least it doesn't at my place. ) You can use Mocha VNC Lite for this.

There is another program to control Keynote, but not through Bluetooth. Its called Pointer Remote for PowerPoint and Keynote, its in the Apple App Store. I don't know if it works, and it costs 99cents. It does require a Wi-Fi connection of somesort, Local or Internet. And it does require a program to be installed on your Macbook.
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i can use salling clicker for my windows mobile phone on my macbook
    idk if they do it for iphones...try checkin for progs like tht
  4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Actually VNC runs over an Wi-Fi so yes, an internet connection is required.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Well I just ran a VNC connection from my MacBook Pro late 2008 to my iPod Touch using a Network created using the Network Preference Panel for the AirPort Card, using the VNC server in Mac OS X and Mocha VNC Lite.
    Explain how I did this. Oh an I unplugged my Router as well.

A Wi-Fi connection does not mean Internet Connection.