Controlling Computer Thru Touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by karl33, Mar 27, 2008.

1. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have used VNSea to control my computer thru wifi and have found it very slow. I just found the program Befree4iphone. Will this program work any better? Can any program we use truly control our home computer thru wifi? What I mean is, could we open iTunes remotely thru one of these programs? Or view video? That would make storage on the Touch a moot point, wouldn't it? I must admit, I'm just learning the capacities of a jailbroken Touch and would like some help from someone who is more experienced with all aspects of jailbroken possibilities. You could store all your music on your home computer and any time you have access to wifi, play your collection. Possible?
  2. Naj

Naj New Member

Well im not sure if this answers your question or not but try touchpad pro, u can control ure computer using ure ipod as a touch remote, ive only jus started using this but its very good...
  3. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^he wants a monitor too

anyway nothing like this will ever be able to run fast enough to lyk, watch videos without them being incredibly choppy

and you couldn't play your music through vnsea unless you have crazy wireless speakers connected to your computer or something (unless they add sound to it, which would make it even more slow)

but you can open itunes with vnsea just fine

and iono about befree4iphone or how fast it is 'cos i use vnsea, it's fast enough for me

heheheheh rhyme
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want to play music or videos off of your computer, VNSea is not the way to go. Look for Orb (Windows) or iPhone Remote/Telekinesis (Mac) - they'll let you stream to your iPod Touch. I know there are others out there as well. Only drawback is the use of Wi-Fi like that will burn your battery up really quickly.