controle itouch from terminal

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wfs123, Aug 1, 2010.

1. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hey everyone, i was wondering how i could open an application on my itouch from terminal on my mac. I know it sounds kind of point less but I'm board at home. I think it would be event better if i could control the whole ipod like lock and unlock and scroll up and down pages. Right now im able to reboot my ipod but I want to take it a step further

thanks so much
  2. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well you can control your iPod through your computer using veency, not sure about using the terminal...
  3. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can connect to it through SSH on your local wifi network through terminal. It has to be jailbroken with openssh installed but thats about it. You just need to know the terminal codes. Like respringing is "killall Springboard"
  4. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeh i have veency its cool i just think terminal would be more fun to use

and what dose killall spring board do, iv done the killall commands before but on my ipod would it crash my springboard

but what im really looking for is a way to open an app, from terminal on my mac over ssh
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats what it does

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its used for respringing, like everytime you change a theme in winterboard you need to resping. Good if you're using terminal to copy files in and out. I don't know if you can open an app or anything. You might as well just click the app dude lol