Control Your Cell Phone With Your iPod

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by LaX 911, Oct 11, 2008.

1. LaX 911

LaX 911 New Member

[Idea] Control Your Cell Phone With Your iPod

I know all this will sound complex, but I think it's very plausible.

Ever since I received my touch, I've always wanted to call and text from it like the iPhone does. I am constantly carrying around my cell and ipod, but that will never change. So I started doing some research into dialing and controlling a cellphone over bluetooth. I discovered a program for windows mobile based phones, that have no service, which did just that.

The program is called mPhone. It basically retrieves information from your cellphone that you have on you via bluetooth. The program utilizes texting, phonebook, calling, ringtones, etc.

http://mobem.com/products/mphone26/index.php

I've been trying to think how this might possibly be done. I know that they sell bluetooth dongles for the ipod. And with the 2g touch it would be much easier because of the headphone/mic capability and speaker. I think there is a good chance this could be ported over to the ipod.

So, what do you think? If you have any ideas or thoughts, let me know.
  2. vash07

vash07 New Member

and i thought i was the only one that always carried his
    cellphone and his ipod touch every where, its nice to know other people do it too
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thats a good idea there is a product in my local HMV that sells exactly that with a mic and bluetooth reciever/sender for the ipod touch if you want a cheaper way get double sided sticky tape and stick you phone and ipod back to back then ta da you've got a iPhone

well sort of!
  4. donkeychill

donkeychill Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hmmm I like the idea. but the Bluetooth dongle's sometimes are a bit expensive
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    like why? just carry your cell.... unless the '80s gave you that phone...
  6. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    XD Yes! I do the same! I don't feel alone anymore. Lawlz. That is a cool app idea though.. I'd develop it myself, but I'm not that smart.. XD