Control Freaks?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by whitepod, Nov 2, 2007.

1. whitepod

whitepod New Member

i think the moderators on this board only enjoy being moderators because they then become "controllers" i have had 2 threads closed because they did not agree with my opinion. i post "new layout again??" in ipod touch general chat. many people agreed with my opinion and was just starting conversation yet i came back today and it was closed. just because your a moderator doesnt mean your God guys. im sure one moderator will not like this topic and ban me and so be it. if im not welcome to share my OPINIONS on this board i would rather not be a part of such a site. im not wanting pitty just a little respect shown to the lower class members. and for the moderators to stop being so controlling.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    first of all, you are posting this in the iPod chat section rather than the Site chat section (i just moved it to the correct forum), which is the wrong section to post this. also, there were 4 or 5 separate topics open that are all saying the same thing. having people repeating the same thing over and over again in multiple threads is not constructive. the feedback has been heard and we appreciate it.
  3. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

Same with me.

I post threads, they get deleted or closed.

Site was decent. My ideas were asked for, and not even commented on. I'm not wasting my time.
  4. whitepod

whitepod New Member

sorry for the wrong post. but i have yet to hear someone say the moderators were controlling. all people said was they hated the new theme. i dislike it and all i was doin was strarting conversation. there are way too many NEW threads being closed because it somehow "bashes" on the site. i can see closing topics that have already been posted but just because you disagree with the topic? come on
  5. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

Exactly. I posted a thread that outted the staff members. Was deleted in under 5 minutes. I was giving my critque, if you don't like it, ban me.
  6. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    it is not being closed because i disgree with the topic. it is being closed because there are multiple threads all saying the same thing, and further replies are not helpful. (i.e. more people saying they "hate" or "like" the theme). the opinions have been heard and may be taken into account when determining future decisions.
  7. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No one dissagrees with your topic,
    As bgizzle said there were already 4 or 5 post about the same topic,
    So he just closed your thread and left the first one posted open for everyone to disscuss there.
  8. whitepod

whitepod New Member

so how does the people who USE this forum saying the do not like or like the layout of the forum not help..don't you wnat the best site possible?
  9. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

I'm not entirely sure I've yet to hear more than 5 users say they like this theme.

I'm leaving, and sending out a bad name around the iPod community.
  10. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    as already noted, there have been several threads about it.
    many times the BEST decision for moving forward is not the most POPULAR decision. if people choose to leave a site over the theme or other organizational changes, then so be it.