Contour Showcase?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rioting, Mar 31, 2008.

1. rioting

rioting New Member

I know there are a couple threads about this but none of them clearly answered my questions... so help please? Lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, I'm really considering this case. It's either going to be this or the Incase Slider. But the Slider doesn't seem to offer much protection for the whopping $35 so I'm leaning more towards the Showcase. My sister has had a Showcase for the 5th generation Video, so I really like the Contour cases.

Anyways, if you have this case, would you mind putting the 'real' pictures up? Not the made up ones from the companies to make them look cool.

And a few questions I have are...
    -Does dust get in?
    -Can you remove the port/headphone jack protector to dock it on an iHome or Universal Dock?
    -It the case truly 'clear'? My backs kinda scratched up and I don't wanna show that.

-Is it grip-able?
    -And do you think it's worth it?

Hehe. Thanks.

2. Hmerly

Hmerly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its not a bad case, but I really wasn't satisfied with mine. I didn't like the look all that much, and yes the back is basically clear. It comes with this removable belt clip, but if you don't like it then you can remove it, and place this cap on the back to cover up the holes it leaves behind. This little cap easily falls out and becomes a pain as it gets looser and looser. Also, dust does get in, especially at the joints where the case swings open and of course that makes it look really bad. It is grippable, but still a little slippery. Another big problem is the port plugs. They cover the dock plug and the earphone plug and are made of rubber. It attaches to the case and is very flimsy. You can easily tear it off or have it come off accidentally. Also, no you cannot use it in a dock, you'll have to remove the Touch from the case to do that. Finally, was it worth it? Not really. Hope this answers your questions.
  3. rioting

rioting New Member

Thanks! Yeah you answered a lot of my questions.

Which case then would you recommend? And why?
  4. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Is this some kind of a market research dude? You make yourself sound so formal...