Contour Showcase Review (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rioting, Apr 19, 2008.

1. rioting

rioting New Member

This is my Showcase touch review from Contour. Hope you enjoy it, Lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The box it comes in.

This is the locking latch that keeps the two hinged plates from opening. It can get kinda loose though.

It has a little thing (don't know what to call it) that acts as a second sleep/wake button, which works really well, and I liked it a lot. All cases should have this in my opinion.

There's a opening in the back for a belt clip, but if you don't want to use a belt clip, it comes with a cover to cover the holes, which I found to get very loose, and didn't like it at all.

This is the belt clip that comes with it. This one doesn't get loose as it as something that allows it to 'lock'. I like it, but it's a bit bulky.

A comparison between the case and iPod. It's about double the height, which makes it on the bigger side.

It had a cover for the headphone jack, and cable port, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I returned it.

This actually was a real nice case. A little story: it was in my hoodie pocket, and while I was running it fell out (about 2 1/2 ft.). I know, stupid. But what happened was the headphones were caught in my pocket so I dragged the iPod about 10 feet, bouncing it around. The case protected it very well, and the case only suffered a few scratches.

Pros: Great protection, looks nice, belt clip.

Cons: On the bulky side, the top latch is not secure (tried 2 different cases), undockable, hole cover gets very loose.

8.5/10, purely for the protection. If you want a case that'll protect your iPod very well, and don't mind the bulkiness, this is a great case for you. :] I decided to return mine for an Incase Slider. Review will be up soon.
  2. saysay

saysay New Member

nice! any straight-on pics? lol