Contour Showcase 2G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by whatproblems, Nov 24, 2008.

1. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    this is for the 2g.. it's a damn nice case. doesn't add much extra bulk, but unfortunatel comes with no screen protector, which isnt really needed with the quality of the screen...

has a hinged locking design, with the edges that also snap into place to ensure a really tight fit... i tested this out in the store by opening the case, and putting my ipod into it lol... case feels nice and sturdy

crystal clear back makes showing off your ipod touch easy

rubberized edges mainly there for grip, they dont look like they'd offer much protection from a drop...

raised places where the hold and volume buttons are

this case does not offer anything to cover the headphone jack or the cable port, but if it did, the speaker quality would be horrendous.

i do NOT know if this case would work at all with a dock... no clue what-so-ever

34.95 at the local apple store, well worth it
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It doesn't work with a dock - the 1G and 2G versions won't because of how the bottom half of the case thickens the iPod, and they don't include a dock adapter unlike the RebelTouch.
  3. Night.Hawk

Night.Hawk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    research before you post Jarlath, this case opens up on the bottom to allow docking
  4. Jarlath

And if you've actually USED one (in other words, done the research) or read what he'd posted, it doesn't fit ON a dock, because the 30-pin dock connector cover doesn't flip back all the way. You can use a sync cable with it, but you can't plug the whole thing into a dock without taking it out of the case. Notice the way the original poster phrased his statement:

The correct answer (which I posted) is 'no, it doesn't work with a dock'. You can use the sync cable, but it won't work with a dock unlike the Contour Flick, which lets you slip off the bottom half so it will slide into a dock and doesn't have the universal dock adapter that a RebelTouch or NeoTouch ships with... and those have completely removable dock connector covers which are basically plugs that cover those holes.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Contour Design sent me this case recently, along with one for the 1st-gen, and they'll be reviews up soon!
  6. Jarlath

The 2G one looks quite nice, but I'd probably suggest a Fusion over the Showcase 2G.
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the 1G contour case and I absolutely love it. I applied a skin from decalgirl and it still fits into the case. The hinged connector/headphone jack cover keeps everything nice and covered.