continuously booting after ibrickr

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sammydavis, Jan 28, 2008.

1. sammydavis

sammydavis New Member

Itunes Gave me an error upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, put me into restore mode. I then tried to restore to 1.1.3. It gave me an error. I tried to boot it with ibrickr and now it is continuosly booting. I can turn it off but my computer won't recognize it as it only keeps booting. How can I fix this?
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    force restore mode. hold both the power and home buttons until the ipod shuts down, keep holding them until you see the apple logo appear, as SOON as you see the apple logo, let go of the power button, but keep holding the home button.
  3. sammydavis

sammydavis New Member

I could stop the booting by pressing both buttons for a while. The way to get it into restore mode from here was "via apple phone help" is to press home button as you insert the sync cable until restore screen appears. It then took the 1.1.3 update. I now have an empty 1.1.3.
    It looks so empty! So, I guess I will try again.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    may i suggest, if you're using windows, hopefully its Vista. i had a hard time getting the 1.1.2 update to run on my XP machines yesterday. it took me 4 hours of trying and getting so mad at that 1602 error, that i booted into Vista (i have a dual boot machine) and it worked the first try. also, i might suggest using itunes 7.4.3. you can get that here: http://oldapps.com/download.php?oldappsid=iTunesSetup743.exe