"continuous recovery loop" - ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by purecanadian, Mar 4, 2009.

1. purecanadian

purecanadian New Member

Hey. I noticed someone posted something similar to this before but as my case is slightly different (his was for 1g I believe), I was wondering if you could help me with an ipod touch 2g problem I just encountered. I jailbroke the ipod about 1-2 weeks ago using the semi-tethered mechanism...everything was working great. Then the screen became unresponsive to my touch...I figured it was just cause I hadn't turned it off in a while so the ipod was tired or something. So, wanting to turn it off, I tried a few things...but as the slider was not available for me to use (..the touch screen being unresponsive), I decided to restore the ipod using itunes to factory settings because I couldn't manage to turn it off. But now it's stuck on a "continuous recovery loop"; as it has been referred to before. Is there any way I can solve this problem...cause it's giving me a headache and I'm afraid I've voided the warranty by jailbreaking it in the first place. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    do the buttons still work? because they are the answer 2 your problem and yes uve voided the warrenty ( not like they can tell if its like that)
  3. purecanadian

purecanadian New Member

yes the sleep/wake button AND the home button still respond/work. I have no idea if the touch screen is still unresponsive since I haven't been able to boot up normally out of the "connect to itunes" screen. The main problem is that I can't restore properly... I have a feeling that if I can restore properly, than all those other issues will be solved... perhaps I'm being hopeful at that!!! haha
  4. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    perhaps, but try to put it into DFU mode and restore to the normal firmware before u give up.
  5. purecanadian

purecanadian New Member

I have! as I said - I am able to get into the recovery process, but then it ends suddenly and then the ipod screen goes back to the "connect-to-itunes" screen as if the ipod hadn't recovered at all. I've heard from several sources that it was impossible to "brick" an ipod touch so I have hope...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone know what's going on here? Help much needed... thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Don't want to sound desperate but I AM lol...

you guys are my best chance. and before you go on thinking I'm just some noob, I've spent hours and hours trying to find a solution to my problem....

If there's anyone who can help me, they're on this site!!

Thanks

Btw, the problem does not lie in itunes...as I've tried restoring the ipod on two PCs with latest versions of itunes.