contacts from sim?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adbabii09, Oct 7, 2008.

1. adbabii09

adbabii09 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey does anyone know how to import contacts from the sim card to the iphone? i just unlocked my iphone and have no contacts... i dont want to manually add them because i have like 200 so can someone please help me?
  2. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. This is undoable because the SIM memory has been overwritten.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. adbabii09

adbabii09 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what? my contacts are still on there when i put them in my other phone so they couldnt have been overwritten
  4. goldencrasher

goldencrasher New Member

I dont know which version this appeared on because i never noticed it when i got my phone so i had to enter my numbers in again.....BUT, in settings, Mail, Contacts, Calenders, import sim contacts (about half way down) this should work but i havent tried it. I'm sure it wasnt on older software versions. I'm running 2.1 now so if you havent got 2.1 and it isnt there, upgrade and you can do it. Hope this helps.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I have had to use that. After I upgraded to 2.0 form 1.1.4, I lost all of my contacts, and restoring from a backup was refusing to restore my phone form a backup. Importing them from the SIM saved my life.
  6. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think there is a little typo in that post.