Contacts Backup from 2.2 to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dodgy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sup guys,

Just wondering, is there any other way to back up my contacts from 2.2 to 3.0.
    I know you can back up 'Addressbook' from 'private/var/mobile/libarary/Addressbook'.

I've done that many times. However, I tried this when I upgraded my friends phone to 3.0 and the 2.2 .sqlitedb file wasn't compatible with the 3.0 OS.

So I had to downgrade back to 2.2 and used the backup and it worked fine.

Now I don't want to go through the hassle of backing up all my stuff, then upgrading to 3.0 and then finding out it doesn't work again.

I just wanted to know, is that the case all the time, or is my friends phone a one off?

Can anyone help?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Search for ContactSync in the Appstore..Should be free
    Sync your contacts with their server..
    Upgrade to 3.0..
    Sync again and that's it..
  3. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just connect it to iTunes and when your device appears on the left right click it and click make back up. this will back up all of your contacts and pictures too. then just upgrade and jailbreak. then when your done with that connect it to iTunes and right click on your device again but this time click on restore from back up. this wont restore your device. all this will do is load up all of your pics and contacts and settings too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Hey, I don't think UK have it. I searched everywhere in the Appstore, and I can't find such thing.

Doesn't backing up your whole phone, back up some jailbreak data and Cydia applications? Because if it does, I'd rather not do that. Because it gets a bit too messy and leaves files lying around :S

What do you think?
  5. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Conner your iPhone to iTunes and when your summary pGe pops up go to the tab T the top that says info. Go to info and go to contacts and sync your contacts with something like Google contacts. Upgrade to OS 3.0 and resync wig thoa contacts. Done.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I'm not sure but when my dad updated from 2.2.1 to 3.0 nothing was affected only the jailbroken data was deleted everything else stayed all of his contacts etc
  7. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah, it looks like the jailbroken data has been 'deleted' but they are still there, and they take up space.
  8. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i think you just have to rejailbreak then