Contacts App Deleted After 1.1.3 JB??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Myekay, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i was wondering if anyone who upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbreaked,,, did ur contacts get deleted??? the app itself is gone? not the people in contacts but the contact app itself?? anyone have this problem?
  2. darkphan

darkphan New Member

I am going to take a stab at it and guess you replaced your iPod Touch's N45AP.plist with the iPhone's M68AP.plist.
  3. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    did you use the method where you make your touch think it's an iphone????
    cuz if you did... you should have looked at the second stickied topic. it gets u the apps w/o doing that... so basically... it keeps your ipod from being retarded.

if u did that... i think you can get to your contacts through the phone app.

if u didn't do that... then it should be there. so iunno why it'd be gone.
  4. ficho

ficho New Member

You mean the app is not on your touch (check over sftp or something) or it doesn't show up on springboard? If it just doesn't show, did you do the N45AP.plist replace? If it's the second case, check http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29470
  5. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no i didnt use that method...? i used the new one that ipodtouchmaster released... and my ipod still thinks its an ipod..?? idk why it would be deleted... and the funny thing is, during ipodtouchmasters video to get the free iphone apps, he was focusing the camera on his springboard and he too didnt have the contacts..?

what do u think went wrong?
  6. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hah... ipodtouchmaster messed something up i'm guessing. if it is something messed up on his part he'll probably fix that as soon as he figures out what's going on.
  7. darkphan

darkphan New Member

To be honest, I think his method applies the springboard patch AND replaces the plist, not sure why he did that (i could be remembering wrong, but thats what I think I remember seeing in the repository code)
  8. ficho

ficho New Member

Do you have the file itself in your ipod?
  9. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well im trying to SSH into my ipod now,,, but its taking a whilee...
  10. ficho

ficho New Member

Make sure your screen is unlocked, coz your wi-fi gets turned off when screen locks

Then go to /Applications/ and check if MobileContacts.app or something like that is there.... if it is, go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ on your touch and copy the N45AP.plist file from there and attach it on forum and i'll send you fixed file back