contacts/address book

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by cmdeleo, Jan 29, 2008.

1. cmdeleo

cmdeleo New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hi

Does someone know how to back up the contacts in the ipod to computer? when I jailbroke to 1.1.3, i lost all my contacts, just got them back one by one. how can I back them up? is there a folder in SSH that i can save? I tried with itunes but can't seem to find the apropriate button.

Anyway if someone has an idea, i'd love to hear it!!
  2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

u can do what i do... connect your touch. then open itunes, in there find your touch and at the top you see summary music blah blah blah then info. on there the first thing you should see is sync contacts with. use something thats supported there. input them once and whenever you need them again just sync em...
  3. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

There is one file called something like "AddresssBook.something" in a specific folder that I am not sure about...

sh*t, I feel like I am no help at all here, but really I am trying to help... Search your ipod's inner files by SSH'ing into it, and look for a file similar to "AddressBook.___" and save it... If you're not entirely sure what file it is, save them all.. They're really small anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I know this works, because I backed up my contacts list and notes before restoring/jailbreaking.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Best of luck!