Constant freezing, no matter what firmware or app

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by leetgod99, May 23, 2008.

1. leetgod99

leetgod99 New Member

When I first jailbroke it from 1.1.1 it worked great. eventually upgraded to 1.1.4. Everything worked 100% fine, until one day like 3 days ago I had to restore it again to 1.1.4 and used ZiPhone again to jailbreak it. I added a couple sources, then I added "lots of sources n stuff" which added over 130 junk sources and made my install run slowly and eventually crash on startup. Now I keep restoring and no matter what I do, it always freezes in almost every app. If it doesn't I'll get package download failed errors, keyboard freezes etc. Even if I can squeeze by that, if I update the installer it will almost guaranteed crash constantly. I am hard resetting it after almost every action now. Now I can't restore my iPod to anything but 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 or I get an error message in iTunes.

tl;dr HOW CAN I STOP THE CONSTANT FREEZING OF EVERYTHING?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Restore to factory 1.1.4 and see if it still freezes in the normal apps. If it does, you could get Apple to replace it.
  3. leetgod99

leetgod99 New Member

Bought it off craigslist, no clue when it was purchased or have any type of receipt. I will try this though.

EDIT: Just restored to 1.1.4 and contacts and everything works fine. I'm going to jailbreak with ZiPhone now I guess.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I recommend iLiberty, Ziphone is a tad risky.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There is nothing risky about Ziphone. I have used them all but I Ziphone 2.6b have never once failed or had an issue. The problem is people not following directions.