Constant charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therock003, Oct 24, 2008.

1. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Isnt't it hazardous for the battery that each time you hook up the usb cable to synch new media to the ipod that it has to charge as well for the time it is connected?

I seem to be worrying about this bit.
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    Where this is a small concern, it can be rectified. Every week or so (i think this is recommended by apple, as well as by any manufacturer of anything which requires a battery), run the battery completely flat, until your ipod/iphone turns off. Then charge it up all night. That seems to work fine for me, and i have changed it from 50% to full multiple times, and i have not noticed any change in battery life. I still get over 5 hours of usage out of my iphone, that includes internet usage.
  3. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi

Well yes i know that but its difficult to drain 36 hours of battery in one week,especially when it starts charging when you hook it up to synch it.

I see you have an iphone.

On ipod touch and in my case since i dont use wifi,it is very difficult to completely drain the battery by just listening to songs.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you want to drain it fast.. set the brightness on full, turn off auto lock... full volume... play all music in alpha order...

then the battery will die in 10 hours...
  5. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you ever really drain it actually?

I had to be creative,so i encoded an mp4 of wwe ppv which is 2:45h and i tagged it as a music video so i can play it back and loop it all night.

But it seems that after acertain level warnings pop out and pause it so you have to manually resume playback and then again another warning.

What's with all that?Cant it just drain without any warnings and manual interference?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Questions

1)IS there any way to disable the low battery warnings so that media playback doesnt stop?
    2)Does the ipod need to power on in order to charge?IT doesnt seem to be charging when its completely switched off.
    3)On the appl site it says it needs 1.5 hour to charge up to 80% and 4 hourse for a complete charge,but it seems that today which was my first full charge,it took 2 hours for a complte charge after i had already drained completely,to the point of no opening.
  6. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    TS, its not constantly charging. The Ipod has an automatic charge circuit so when you plug it in to sync it will only charge if it needs charging.